JACKSON CENTER, OH – March 20, 2019 – Airstream, maker of the iconic “silver bullet” travel trailer, today announced that its Classic Smart Trailer was selected for the New Horizon award at RVX: The RV Experience (RVX), which took place at the Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City, Utah March 12-14.
On the main stage, Airstream unveiled the Classic Smart Trailer and Smart Control Technology, which lets owners control and monitor the unit’s most important features and amenities from anywhere, in front of numerous RV professionals, dealers and media. The trailer was selected for the New Horizon award, which honors innovative RV products that represent the future of the industry. The award was presented during the event’s “Reveal,” which was a showcase that highlighted the most innovative RV products on the market.
“RVX gathered leaders in the RV industry and valuable members of the outdoor recreation community in a uniquely collaborative environment,” said Bob Wheeler, CEO and President of Airstream. “We were honored to receive the New Horizon Award for the Classic Smart Trailer, which is a nod to our leading-edge position on RV technology and customer experience.”
Due to increased demand and strong consumer interest in smart technology and connectivity, Airstream’s product offering has expanded to accommodate the modern-day road warrior. This includes the recent announcement of Airstream’s all-new Connected kit and app, which grants connectivity to any Airstream, regardless of the year or model.
“RVX’s first-ever ‘Reveal’ unveiled the industry’s best new products, as selected by a panel of consumer media and social media influencers, across nine consumer lifestyle categories,” said Frank Hugelmeyer, RV Industry Association President. “We are so pleased to see that Airstream’s innovative Classic Smart Trailer and its Smart Control Technology were acknowledged with the New Horizon award. We look forward to continuing and expanding on our relationship with this iconic brand.”
See below for a list of Airstream models that were on display at RVX:
- Classic Smart Trailer – Airstream’s all-new Smart Control Technology allows owners to control and monitor the unit’s most important features and amenities from anywhere – and stay connected to the comforts of home, even when far from it
- Nest by Airstream – This design-forward, fiberglass unit is the perfect escape from the hectic, day-to-day bustle of life. With its contemporary design, compact size, and high-end features, Nest gives owners a chance to relax and decompress wherever their getaway takes them
- Basecamp X – This Basecamp package offers enhanced features, allowing travelers to bring the comforts of home on rugged roads. This unit boasts innovative features and accessories, including an increased departure angle and durability for more all-terrain use
- International Serenity – This iconic aluminum Airstream travel trailer isn’t just aerodynamic, it also allows for panoramic windows that wrap around its curves, lets natural light fill the interior space, and is a staple in the brand’s lineup
- Globetrotter – It’s the epitome of modern style. The interior of this travel trailer draws inspiration from European design, and its exterior boasts the aerodynamic aluminum shell that’s made Airstream an American icon
- Atlas Touring Coach – This unit serves as the brand’s most luxurious touring coach to-date. It’s built on the legendary Mercedes-Benz® Sprinter van chassis
- Interstate Nineteen – This unit takes everything that makes the Interstate the number one best-selling Class B diesel motorhome and wraps it in a smaller, nimbler 19-foot package – one that fits nicely in a standard parking spot
For more information about Airstream and its lineup, please visit: www.airstream.com.