All-New Fully Loaded Adventure Van Offers 4×4 Capabilities and Advanced Power System, Enabling Customers To Go Farther and Providing the Flexibility to Stay Longer
JACKSON CENTER, OH (June 10, 2021) – Airstream, Inc., maker of the iconic “silver bullet” fleet of Airstream® travel trailers and best-in-class touring coaches, today announced the launch of the fully loaded, adventure-ready Interstate 24X – the latest addition to the brand’s lineup of high-end Class B motorhomes. Featuring all-terrain tires and wheels, an advanced power system, and a thoughtful 24-foot floor plan optimized for storage, hauling gear, and bringing along extra people, the Interstate 24X is designed to venture farther and offer the freedom to stay longer.
Propelled by the evolving consumer desire for off-grid-capable motorhomes with the ability to bring along adventure gear (like bikes, kayaks, snowboards, and more), Airstream developed a Class B adventure van that blends Airstream luxury, innovation, and off-grid functionality. Built on the same Mercedes-Benz® chassis as its motorized Airstream cousins, the Interstate 24X hits the road in 2021 fueled by power and performance – and nine decades of adventure expertise. The Interstate 24X is something entirely new: an adventure-ready Airstream van that considers even the finest details.
The interior centerpiece is surely the rear sleeping/living/storage area – a versatile, convertible space that seats up to six passengers. Rearrange the red-stitched, Simtex Marine-Grade Carbon Gray cushions and quickly convert it into the largest sleeping area in any Class B motorhome – or set it up in one of several versatile configurations. Whether you go with one large bed, a twin configuration, or split the setup between a smaller, width-wise bed and additional living space, the Interstate 24X offers versatile sleeping options for whoever you’re bringing along.
There’s no getting around the fact that an adventurous life demands you bring along some adventure gear, and the Interstate 24X comes ready to help you tote, store, and access everything you need for your next excursion. Adaptable to your needs, the Aluminum Aircraft L-Track Storage System on the walls, ceiling, and floor allow you to hang, secure, tie-down, and cinch your gear. Above the aisle, overhead storage compartments on either side allow quick access to your necessities, while additional storage compartments beneath the rear bench give you more options for stowing supplies.
Like its motorized Airstream cousins, the Interstate 24X uses every opportunity to maximize versatility. The modular table system offers four mounts positioned throughout the interior: two in the back for use with the bench seats (or the bed), one in the front where it becomes a desk for the captain’s chairs, or outside the entry door where it becomes the ultimate work-from-anywhere standing desk (or outdoor food-prep station). The onboard wet bath features amenities that surpass the minimalist setup you find in most adventure vans on the market. And with upgraded power systems, USB charging ports and customizable lighting, connectivity pre-wired at the factory – not to mention the ability to tow up to 5,000 pounds – the Interstate 24X is the ultimate vehicle for your Airstream van life.
“Your RV is a tool for adventure, and in designing this van we knew we had to stay true to that simple idea,” said Airstream President & CEO Bob Wheeler. “An Airstream adventure van had to naturally combine the functionality of our Basecamp line with the luxurious amenities you see in the Interstate and Atlas. In the end, our design and engineering teams were able to create something that went beyond our expectations – a functional, gorgeous touring coach that is going to get you right up to the edge of your adventure.”
With a 4×4 drivetrain and six all-terrain tires, the Interstate 24X is our most capable touring coach and is prepared to tackle the trail back to your perfect camping spot. An ultra-durable protective coating covers the coach’s front and rear bumpers, as well as the sides and wheels, protecting from anything that might scratch on your way into camp. Light your way or banish the night while you set up with an extensive display of lighting options on and around the exterior – including a 42-inch LED Light Bar and accent lighting all around.
“The wait is over and we couldn’t be more excited,” said Airstream VP of Sales Justin Humphreys. “For those who want to head deeper into the woods – who want to get out there away from the crowds and find that perfect boondocking spot – the Interstate 24X lets you do that. You’re going to open your door and the adventure is waiting right outside.”
The Interstate 24X model includes an extensive list of premium features as standard equipment, such as:
- Advanced Power System includes 2 – 100 Ah Deep Cycle Lithium Battle Born Batteries (LiFePO4), 30 AMP energy management system, a 2000 watt power inverter, 300W of flexible, custom, military grade solar panels for the house batteries, an additional 100W solar panel for the chassis battery, and solar controller. Plus, portable solar panel inputs on the curb and street sides to maximize solar harvesting.
- A 4×4 drivetrain, air ride, and six LT215/85R16 all-terrain tires
- Front Off-Road 42” LED Light Bar, Camp Side Pod LED Lights x2, Rear Pod LED Lights x2
- Durable protective body coating that wraps around the front and rear bumpers, down each side, and on the wheels
- Highly efficient Hydronic Timberline Furnace and Hot Water System designed for harsh climates and high altitudes. Includes an easy-to-use branded touch screen panel.
- Comfortable Ultraleather® Captains Chairs with Red Stitching and Airstream Badging
- Modular table system with 4 mounts throughout the floor plan for ultimate flexibility. Create a mobile desk by spinning captains chairs around, place the table in 1 of 2 mounts located in the rear of the motorhome, and even install the table outside the entry door for a food preparation space or standing desk.
- High-Performance Resonado Speaker System with Bluetooth enabled house radio
- Quiet Series 13,500 BTU Air Conditioner
- Cummins Onan 2.5 KW Generator with remote and automatic generator start, high efficiency, low vibration and noise
- Pre-wired for Airstream Connected and includes a 5G-ready cellular antenna
- Solid Surface Kitchen Countertop with a deep sink and cover, 2-burner cooktop, and 0.7 cu. ft. microwave
- Tank Capacities: 23 gals (Fresh), 24 gals (Gray), 11 gals (Black)
With an MSRP of $213,850, Airstream dealers around the country are now taking orders and will be receiving inventory in the coming weeks.
For more information about the Interstate 24X Touring Coach, or Airstream and its full product lineup, please visit www.airstream.com.
Airstream, manufacturer of the iconic “silver bullet” Airstream® travel trailer, is the longest-tenured recreational vehicle manufacturer in the world. The company’s mission, as set forth by founder Wally Byam, is to create well-designed, high-quality products that allow people to follow their dreams and explore the world in home-like comfort. A steadfast commitment to Byam’s creed, “Let’s not make changes, let’s only make improvements,” has made the aluminum Airstream travel trailer a timeless classic. An unwavering focus on innovation keeps the company at the forefront of technology and customer experience in both the towable and motorized sectors. Airstream is based in Jackson Center, Ohio, where a team of skilled craftspeople hand builds each travel trailer and upfits every Mercedes-Benz® touring coach, adding daily to the brand’s reputation for quality and innovation. Learn more about Airstream, our dealers, and current travel trailer and touring coach models at airstream.com. For the latest news on Airstream, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Instagram. Airstream, Inc. is a subsidiary of Elkhart, IN-based THOR Industries, Inc. (NYSE: THO). THOR is the sole owner of operating subsidiaries that, combined, represent the world’s largest manufacturer of recreational vehicles. For more information on THOR Industries and its products, please visit thorindustries.com.