New Pedego® Airstream Electric Bikes blend luxury with practicality
Airstream Inc., manufacturer of the iconic “silver bullet” travel trailer, is extending the adventure to include bike paths. The Ohio-based company has partnered with California-based Pedego® Electric Bikes to produce the new Pedego Airstream Electric Bike. Priced from $2,995, Pedego Airstream Electric Bikes are available in brushed aluminum to match Airstream’s classic style. They are available at Airstream dealerships and Pedego stores.
The Pedego Airstream Electric Bike provides a fun travel experience without sacrificing comfort. Riders can enjoy the great outdoors going off the beaten path, reaching farther destinations and climbing to new vistas. Airstreamers find electric bikes useful as well as thrilling when they discover how easy it is to ride into town or along scenic paths after setting up camp. They can even zip along at high elevations without becoming winded.
Powered by Pedego’s rugged motors and powerful batteries, these bikes empower riders to fly over hills, zoom through headwinds and travel distances with ease. The Pedego Airstream Electric Bike features include:
- Cool brushed aluminum frame complementing the classic Airstream look
- Classic and Step-thru designs with a stylish 26-inch frame
- Wide, swept-back handlebars that promote a comfortable upright riding position
- State-of-the-art geared motor that delivers best-in-class acceleration and hill climbing
- Five levels of automatic pedal assist mode for a more natural riding experience
- LCD display with USB charging port for a phone and other devices
- Twist-and-go throttle for full power on demand
- Powerful 48-volt lightweight lithium battery with 10 or 15 AH providing an average of 25 to 60 miles distance per charge
- Shimano seven-speed gearing for maximum control while pedaling
- Top-of-the-line SRAM disc brakes for powerful and reliable braking
- Deluxe saddle with a suspension seat post for extra cushioning where it counts
- Kevlar-belted premium balloon tires available in black, brown or crème for an extra-smooth ride and flats prevention
- Front and rear lights for safety
- Optional MAG wheels for a new level of style and strength
- A two-year comprehensive warranty, one of the industry’s longest warranties
The bike comes complete with Airstream’s name on the chain guard as well as the company’s badge for the front emblem. This elegant electric bike will be shown at Airstream’s annual five-day event, Alumapalooza, held at the Airstream Inc. factory in Jackson Center, Ohio, May 30 through June 4, 2017.
“Airstream customers love the outdoors and the open road, so we are thrilled to partner with Pedego and allow Airstreamers to take their journeys even further with these one-of-a-kind aluminum electric bikes,” said Airstream President and CEO Bob Wheeler.
“The Pedego Airstream electric bike is a natural fit for those who love the open road for adventure,” said Don DiCostanzo, Pedego Electric Bikes CEO and co-founder. “These bikes compliment Airstream’s legacy of quality, innovation, luxury and fun.”
This partnership was conceived and executed by Meriwether Group, a firm dedicated to accelerating strategy and outcomes for extension, licensing, distribution, and mergers and acquisitions.
Pedego® Electric Bikes is the Number 1 electric bike brand in the United States, according to Navigant Research. Pedego manufactures 10 high-quality, innovative models, including cruisers, tandems, commuters, fat-tire bikes, mountain bikes, cargo bikes and a convenient electric folding bike. Sold at more than 90 Pedego-branded stores and hundreds of independent electric bike dealers worldwide, Pedego’s stylish “pedal or not” electric bikes boast powerful, whisper-quiet motors that let riders sail up hills and breeze through headwinds with a smile. Available in hundreds of color combinations, Pedego electric bikes deliver a green alternative for transportation, exercise and recreation — transforming lives with fun and delight. Founded in 2008, Orange County, Calif.-based Pedego inspires riders to say, “Hello, Fun!”